Sunday, September 11, 2011

Courtesy of CutePolish: Starry Night Nail Art

After watching some nail art videos on youtube, I ran across this one by Cutepolish, who I had already subscribed to, and, inspired, decided to try my luck at mimicking Van Gogh in miniature.
For those interested, here's the video:






And here's my end result:

My attempt at Starry Night... Holding film to look hip.

I really had fun doing this, and I think it turned out pretty well, aside from some messiness and UFS (Ugly Finger Syndrome). And, after receiving some new dotting tools and a bottle of Opi base/top coat for my birthday, expect more of this kind of thing in the future. All I have to do now is pick up a cheap acrylic paintbrush and my tool set will be pretty complete.

And, because I can't leave this without letting the artist speak for himself:

The Starry Night (1889) - Vincent Van Gogh


No comments:

Post a Comment