Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Superhero Gift: Green Lantern Apron

On Facebook, I often see friends posting pictures of things that are funny or interesting. I usually acknowledge this in passing, but, before a birthday, everything holds new significance.

Naturally, when I saw her "ooh"ing and "ahh"ing over some superhero and video game themed aprons by "Bethany Sew and Sew," I was inspired. Already interested in expanding my sewing skills, I decided to try my hand at making one. So, after fishing for as many pictures and free patterns online as I could find, I "Frankensteined" them together into this:

Excuse the Quality... Old Camera Photo.
I'm still really proud of this project. Cute skirt, cute pockets. Relatively clean edges on the logo. Not to mention the difficulty of sewing a circle without raw edges. (This is all speaking from the perspective of a relative newbie.) There are straps which tie around the back and neck, which was my preference since I wanted it to be as adjustable as possible. 

If I get a chance to take a newer photo, I will post one. It went over really well and she seemed impressed that I made it. I was too! 

(Don't you always find that you end up giving your best projects away?) 





2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! It looks great. You should definitely make another one for yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I might have to.. maybe with a Batman or Black Canary theme... :)

      Delete